1. Mechanical resistance to compression 830 kg/cm2
2. Res. mec. to purchase. after gelivity test 800 kg/cm2
3. Mechanical resistance to bending 91 kg/cm2
4. Apparent density 2590 kg/m3
5. Water absorption at P.At.N. 0.8 %
6. Open porosity 2.4 %
7. Coef. of linear thermal expansion val. max 7.1 x 10 -6 perº C
8. Wear resistance 0.3 mm
9. Shock resistance: minimum drop height 60 cm
Obs. The physical-mechanical characteristics described correspond to the milder variety of Amarelo Vila Real. In the harder varieties, there were increases in the order of 50% in compressive and flexural strength, a decrease of the same order in terms of water absorption and an increase in wear resistance.
Freeze resistance is greater than 25 freeze-thaw cycles.